Saturday, July 24, 2010

Last Minute Chamberlain WD822KD Whisper Drive 1/2-HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener



Over All Rating Reviews :
I have had this machine for a year and a half. The stupid thing was supposed to have a long warranty on the belt and parts.

I started noticing it was closing and going back up. I thought it was the misaligned beams, but it was not.

I noticed a black ring on the ground and did not know where it came from.

Later the stupid thing would choke on itself.

Come to find out after it would not close anymore the wheel that belt turned at the garage side broke. The stupid thing was made of plastic and the belt ate away at the bottom rim, so that was where the ring came from. It had chaffed away the bottom of the plastic wheel.

My question is, what numbnutt would design a garage door opener with a part that obviously faces the most stress from cheap plastic? The piece is so cheap, you could swear it belongs in your kids toy box. It chaffed away and the belt got chewed.

Could they have spent an extra 3 bucks to have made it from aluminum, if that?

The motor works fine, but the design is stupid and does not last. I had a contractor install it. I will never buy a belt driven garage door anymore. Who cares if it is quiet, you can still hear it opening from inside the house.

Do not buy till they replace the plastic pully wheel on the other end of the garage door opener. I know a lot of people just bought it, but I have owned it for a year and a half. The customer service person was nice and sent me a new part, but a week later that one broke.

So I am really mad. If they had made it of metal it would not have chaffed again even with the new belt.
Get more detail about Chamberlain WD822KD Whisper Drive 1/2-HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener.


!!1 Hardware Cabinet Knobs In Usa !!1 Major Appliance And Access Thermostat In Us !!1 Last Minute Reebok Nfl Sweatshirts Price comparison shopping



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links